Sunday, October 18, 2020

Reverberation Shawl - Two Colors Done

 

I finished up color 2 yesterday.  I was not able to complete the entire section as written in the pattern.  You can see in the picture the tiny bit of the green that I have left over.  At the end of the first color there are 114 stitches on the needle.  You continue increasing with the second color until you get to 130 stitches.  That is an increase of 16 stitches, and each repeat of the pattern gives you 4 stitches, so that means 4 repeats to get to 130 stitches.  Then the instructions state to repeat the pattern 7 more times - 28 rows total.  I’m two repeats or 8 rows short.  I had seen a comment on one of the project pages on Ravelry about making sure you get gauge and yarn chicken.  I did not do a gauge swatch, but am using the recommended needle size and am knitting pretty tightly (and am not seeing any rowing out on my wrong side, yay!).

For this pattern I’m not concerned with the fact that I had to cut this section short.  It is easy to shorten a section to adjust to yarn usage, so I’m not sweating it.

Pattern:  Reverberation Shawl by Debbie O’Neill

Yarn:  Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock

Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment