Saturday, October 24, 2020

Rose Bolero - Attaching the blocks

After sitting sealed up in a plastic project bag for the last eight years, I finally pulled this project back out and am almost done with it.  I had set it aside after making one of the crochet blocks for the edge.  For some reason I just didn’t feel like making seventeen more.  I actually ended up needing nineteen to make it around the edge.  Amazingly enough the other eighteen that I made in this past week matched up size-wise with the one that I made eight years ago.  The pattern calls for joining all of the blocks and then joining to the body of the bolero, but I decided to join the blocks to the bolero individually first, and then joining the blocks.  I am doing a single crochet join for all of my seams, as I like the way it looks and I didn’t feel like doing a lot of sewing.

My last six blocks are drying.  They should be dry later today and I can finish this up this weekend.  In the process of finishing this bolero I have re-discovered that I enjoy crocheting.  I may have to do more, even though I can’t read or really watch TV while doing it.

Here are my last six blocks.


Pattern:  DROPS 126-8 Rose Parade by DROPS Design

Yarn:  Fiesta Yarns La Luz Multi in Rose (June Flower of the Month colorway)

Hook:  D (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment