Monday, July 6, 2020

The Journey - Starting Over


I made it about half way through the River of Doubt before my own doubts caught up with me and I decided that I really needed to knit this shawl out of a different set of yarn.  I looked at the Alpaca Silk sets on the Expression Fiber Arts web site several times trying to convince myself to buy one, but I just couldn’t.  Then I looked at other online yarn shops looking for likely candidates.  I knew that I needed at least 230 yards per skein, and I wanted a variegated, and they had to go together.  I was not having much luck when I happened to spy some Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK in my recent acquisitions pile.  I checked it out on the web site.  The yardage was good, at 275 yards per skein it was even better than the Alpaca Silk.  And the colors all worked together.
I decided that I would start with this set - Honey Hibiscus- and work from right to left.
And then finish up with two of the skeins from this set - Keep the Joy - skipping the blue and finishing up with the purple.  So, yesterday I caked up the first skein, and today thanks to an all day meeting I finished re-knitting the first section - the Cabin of Complacency.
I just love the colors.  Nothing angsty here.  I’ve started on the second section, the Forest of Fear, but it feels more like Candy Land.  I really like knitting with the Sparkle DK.  I wasn’t sure if I would because of the sparkle thread, but it really has a very nice feel to it.

Pattern:  The Journey by Jane Vanselous
Yarn:  Sparkle DK from Expression Fiber Arts
Needle:  US 4

No comments:

Post a Comment