Sunday, July 19, 2020

Lizard Eyes - Nine Sections Done

Other than working on my test knit on the weekends, I’ve been working pretty steadily on my July Camp Loopy Project - Lizard Eyes.  I’ve just caked up the second skein of my main color.  I like the way the color shifts on the eyes.  The construction is clever in that you don’t have to cut the accent color, but I think if I knit it again I would cut the accent color, and then work the I-cord across the top, work the I-cord bind off on the last wedge and then work the I-cord edging on the bottom.  I just think it would give a smoother finish.

Actually, I think I may just start doing it that way because I accidentally cut my accent yarn instead of cutting my main color yarn when I got done with this wedge.  Accidentally cutting the wrong thing appears to be a theme with this project.  As I was nearing the end of winding the first skein of the main color, the end decided to grab hold of the yarn and when I resorted to cutting I cut the wrong thing and ended up with a little skein (11.2 g) of the main color.  If I hadn’t made that goof, I would have been able to work 10 wedges with my main color skein.

Pattern:  Lizard Eyes by Ursa Major Knits
Yarn:  Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure
Needle:  US 2 (2.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment