Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Working Central Double Decreases from the wrong side

I am not a fan of working lace on the wrong side of my knitting.  The only thing I like less is working garter stitch lace.  I have gained a certain appreciation for garter stitch lace after test knitting a garter stitch lace shawl in fingering weight, but I still don't really like it.  Lately I've been test knitting another project in fingering weight yarn that has me doing a lot of lace stitches from the wrong side.  Fortunately the lace patterns are easy, and most of the time the lace stitches have been limited to ssk and k2tog, but then there are the rows with the central double decreases and most of the time they have to be done from the wrong side.  I have never found a good demonstration of this stitch online, but I have figured it out and feel I have thoroughly mastered it, so I made another video to share what I have learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment