Saturday, February 9, 2019

Encore - Seven stripes done

This is actually a test knit for Another Chance to Shine by Janine Le Cras.  The pattern is intended to be used with leftovers, but I'm cheating and using a set that was created for Rosemary Hill's Harmonize Shawl.  I went up a needle size because my yarn is a bit on the heavier side of the fingering weight, and my yarn usage is higher as well.  Fortunately my yarn set is generous, but I will have to get a little creative from now on as I'm almost out of my main color.  Fortunately, getting creative with color is one of the things this shawl is about.  I put together yarn usage tables for the pattern to make it easier for knitters to plan their colors and yarn amounts.  There will be an informal knit along for the pattern in March.
Here is a close up of the lace stripes.  It is an unusual pattern (not hard to knit, but hard to chart, so we didn't), and creates a very neat stitch, with some cool texture that you don't get from the picture.  I am working the first stitch of each right side row with both of my colors to carry the unused color up the side.

Pattern:  Another Chance to Shine by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Targhee Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment