Sunday, February 10, 2019

Encore - On to the Lace

This morning I finished up the last of the big garter stitch sections.  There are nine of the garter stitch sections, alternating with the lace stripes.  When I got to the eighth garter stitch section I knew that I would not have enough of my main color to work it, so I striped that section with my gradiance skein.
This is the set that I'm using.  I used the first gradiance skein (left most) on the lace stripes, and got two stripes out of the garter stitch section from the first skein and then started using the second skein.  When I got to the ninth garter stitch section I started using skein 5 of the gradiance set for my main color.  I finished up skein 2 of the gadiance set in the ninth garter stitch section, so I'm starting the first lace section with skein 3.  My colors will converge as I get to the end of the shawl.

 Pattern:  Another Chance to Shine by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Targhee Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment