Thursday, February 14, 2019

Encore - Finished!

I finished this up on Tuesday.  Even though I created a set of yarn usage tables to help with planning your yarn usage, I didn't use them.  This was one of those times where everything just worked out perfectly and I knew it would as I was knitting.  I was able to use my skein 5 of the gradiance as my main color for the rest of the garter stripes, working through skeins 1, 2 and 3 on the first two lace sections and the two smaller garter sections that divide the lace sections.  When I got to the final lace section I got a couple of rows out of skein 3 before I switched to skein 4.  I did another repeat of the lace (to use up more of skein 4) and then finished off with one garter stripe (two knit rows) before binding off with the Larkspur (my original main color).  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I have two more of these sets and am tempted to knit at least one more of these shawls.  I was thinking about using the gradiance set as the main color and the main color on the lace sections, but I really like the way this one came out.  I'll have to think about it.  Of course, I do have two sets...

Pattern:  Another Chance to Shine by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Targhee Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment