Friday, August 24, 2018

Rapunzel and Rapunzel Redux - Clue 8

Clue 8 came out this morning, so first up a picture of my test knit.

And my Redux version.
I'm working the final 4 clues (7-10) without skipping anything because of the way the motifs play out.  The only modification I have to make at this point is getting rid of one stitch after the first yarn over and one stitch before the last yarn over on the wing charts.  In knitCompanion I color those stitches gray, and use the row number to search on to set up the new stitch in magic markers, then I can just pick what I want, and not have to screw up any of my other magic markers.  Once I color those stitches gray I de-select the original stitches and make any other modifications necessary to make everything work out.

Right wing chart 8 modifications:
Row 219: the removal of the stitch before the last yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced the final k2tog, yo with k2.
Row 225: the removal of the stitch before the last yarn over results in the removal of a ssk, so I replaced the yo that goes with that ssk with k1.
Row 229: the removal of the stitch after the first yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced that first yo, ssk with k2.
Row 231: the removal of the stitch after the first yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced that first yo, ssk with k2.
Row 233: the removal of the stitch after the first yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced both of the yo, ssk with k4. I didn’t want that lone yo, ssk hanging out there. This also makes the starting and ending motifs more symmetrical.

Left wing chart 8 modifications:
Row 219: the removal of the stitch after the first yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced the first yo, ssk with k2.
Row 225: the removal of the stitch after the first yarn over results in the removal of a k2tog, so I replaced the yo that goes with that k2tog with k1.
Row 229: the removal of the stitch before the last yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced that last k2tog, yo with k2.
Row 231: the removal of the stitch before the last yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced that last k2tog, yo with k2.
Row 233: the removal of the stitch before the last yarn over results in 2 yarn overs next to each other, so I replaced both of the k2tog, yo with k4. I didn’t want that lone k2tog, yo hanging out there. This also makes the starting and ending motifs more symmetrical.

Pattern:  Rapunzel Shawl by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment