Monday, September 3, 2018

Rapunzel and Rapunzel Redux - Clue 9

The penultimate clue, clue 9, came out this past Friday so here is a picture of my clue 9 from the test knit.

And here is Rapunzel Redux.
For clues 7-10 the modifications are really pretty minor.  For the right side wings, all I have to do is delete the first stitch after the k2, yo at the beginning of the row, and the last stitch before the final yo at the end of the row.  Similarly, for the left side wings, all I have to do is delete the first stitch after the initial yo, and the last stitch before the final yo, k2.  It is fun and easy with charts, but equally doable from the written.  After deleting the stitches in question I then looked at the stitches next door to make sure that I didn't mess up a lace pattern.  There are only 2 rows where I need to make additional modifications, rows 239 and 249.

Right hand wing - chart 9 modifications:
Row 239: the stitch I deleted at the start of the row after the (k2, yo) is a k2tog, so I will knit the yo that goes with it.
Row 249: deleting a stitch at the end of the row before the final yo results in two yarn overs next to each other, so I will replace the final k2tog, yo with k2.
Left hand wing - chart 9 modifications:
Row 239: the stitch I deleted at the end of the row before the final yo is a ssk, so I will knit the yo that goes with it.
Row 249: deleting a stitch at the start of the row after the (k2, yo) results in two yarn overs next to each other, so I will replace that first yo, ssk with k2.


Pattern:  Rapunzel Shawl by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment