Monday, August 13, 2018

Rapunzel and Rapunzel Redux - Clue 6

Clue 6 of Rapunzel came out this past Friday.  Above is a picture of my test knit.  For my Rapunzel Redux version I wanted to skip most of clue 6, but I couldn't skip all of it because I needed to make sure I was set up for working clue 7.  If you look at the wing charts for clue 6, you can see that rows 173 and 195 have the same motif, so I worked rows 171-174 of the wing charts, along with the first 2 rows of the center chart from clue 5.  The modifications to the wing charts were very straight forward. I still have 2 extra stitches at the beginning and end of each of the wing chart rows, so I just inserted those 2 stitches into the pattern.

Right wing chart 6 modifications:
Row 171: k2, yo, k4, continue pattern as established, end k5, yo
Row 173: k2, yo, k6, continue pattern as established, end k7, yo

Left wing chart 6 modifications:
Row 171: yo, k5, continue pattern as established, end k4, yo, k2
Row 173: yo, k7, continue pattern as established, end k6, yo, k2


Pattern:  Rapunzel Shawl by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment