Friday, August 24, 2018

Beluga Shrug - Cast On

I knew when I was packing for my trip this past week that I would easily finish up the Bed of Roses center panel, so I pulled another Paintbox set out of my stash and caked up a skein to throw in my project bag.  This is the Beluga set, and I went with the cobalt skein for the center panel.  I cast on while sitting in the exit row on the flight from Dallas Texas to Tucson Arizona - my destination for the week.  I didn't get a whole lot done, just enough to show off the lovely color
My stash of Paintbox sets is running very low - I only have one more left.  I do have three other Biscottie kits, and plenty of self-striping skeins that I can turn in to socks, but these shrugs make such great mindless knitting projects, and they are fun to make and wear.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment