Sunday, May 27, 2018

La Belle et La Bete - Unique Sheep MKAL

Last summer we did La Belle et La Bete - inspired by Beauty and the Beast.  As it was summer, the shawl is in lace weight.  This was a fun knit.  The construction is a little unusual, and caused a fair bit of consternation in the group.  We started out working the central medallion (the rose) in the round, and then we worked wings off the top two sides of the diamond.  I used US 4 needles when working in the round, and switched to US 3 needles once I started working back and forth.
When I saw the design and the charts I knew that it could take bolder colors so I picked Tulip Festival on Eos (my favorite Unique Sheep lace weight base).
There was an option to save one color for the border, but I decided to use my yarn more evenly, so my wing tips are darker and match my border.
The colors of my finished shawl reminded me of India, so I dubbed her "Bollywood Belle".

Pattern:  La Belle et La Bete by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Tulip Festival
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment