Sunday, May 13, 2018

Dance of the Dryads - Chart A Done

Even though I have far too many projects on the needles right now I started another one last weekend.  Dance of the Dryads by Anne-Lise Maigaard.  This is a kit from Earthfaire (I have a lot of Unique Sheep/Earthfaire kits), done in a lovely Unique Sheep colorway on a lovely fingering yarn - Leeana.  The yarn is 51/49 cultivated silk/merino and is a joy to work with.  It has the gorgeous sheen of silk, but more life than pure silk thanks to the wool. I did the cast on (425 stitches!) last Sunday and finished up the first Chart today.  There were supposed to by nupps, but I replaced them with beads.  I'm just not a big fan of nupps.
Some of the gang in The Unique Sheep forum wanted to do a knit along after finishing up our last MKAL, so we're doing this kit.  It is my first Anne-Lise pattern, although I do have kits for several in my stash.

Pattern:  Dance of the Dryads by Anne-Lise Maigaard
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Leeana in Dance of the Dryads
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment