Sunday, April 8, 2018

Gazania Shrug - Side Two - Two Stripes Done

There is something odd going on with the dark red skein.  It was the lightest of my 4 skeins for the side, weighing in at only 50.6 grams, but I should have still had enough to work two stripes as the stripes take about 22 grams each.  But the first stripe of the dark red took 25.4 grams.  My first thought was that I must have done an extra pair of rows on the stockinette section, so I didn't worry about running out on the second side, until I ran out only 1.5 rows into the second garter part.  So I went back and counted the rows of the first side - 20 rows, per my pattern.  I put the project aside while I pondered my next steps.  In the end I decided to rip back and remove two rows of the stockinette section, this gave me enough to work the 6 garter stitch rows, and the slightly shorter ruffled section should not be too obvious.  But the mystery remains.


Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment