Sunday, January 7, 2018

Nature's Gem Celadon - Done!

I finished up my Nature's Gem Celadon on New Year's Eve, but it has been a real challenge getting a good picture of it between the cold and the wind.  The shot above is before blocking.
And this is the blocking shot.  I screwed up my calculation on where to start the mini-skeins.  I was using the yarn usage numbers for a different yarn that is a little finer than this one.  I do like the effect though, and it allowed me to give the speckled yarn an opportunity to shine as well.  I have frogged the other Advent Calendar projects that I started, having had second thoughts on them.  I will make another Celadon using the Compassion Ombre, but I may get a different neutral to go with it.  I did order a skein to do the knit on border for my Bright & Bold shawl.

Pattern:  Celadon by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep  Kiri
 Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment