Sunday, October 22, 2017

Goldwing in Green - Finished!

Finally!  I started this back on August 9, intending it to by my third Camp Loopy Project.  Unfortunately other events intervened to prevent that from happening and once I had missed the deadline I didn't have the incentive to keep working on it, so it languished.  The finished shawl is lovely, but knitting it was, well, boring.  It is just the same 10 rows over and over again.  It wasn't challenging enough to keep me fully engaged, and it wasn't mindless enough to read while knitting.  I did have a little glitch at the end.  I ran out of yarn 3 repeats short of finishing, so my wing is a little clipped.  The two skeins did not weigh exactly the same, the skein I started out with weighed 97.5 grams, the second skein weighed 97.3 grams.  I thought I had compensated enough for what I perceived as a minor difference, but apparently not.  Lesson learned - weigh both skeins before casting on and start with the lighter skein.  This is a great pattern if you want to use up all of your yarn, and if you want to show off a special skein.

Pattern:  Goldwing by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient in Emeralds
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment