Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Pippi Short-stockings - Cast On

You know how I hate having leftovers - so after finishing up the Morphology Cowl I decided that I would make socks out of the leftover yarn.  I had to wait to cast on until I had finished my most recent basic toe up socks.  I actually cast on a week and a half ago, but I didn't know what to call the project, so I couldn't create a project page.  I thought about calling them "Fire and Ice Socks" but that just seemed a bit pretentious.  I thought about calling them "Hot and Cold Socks" but that just seemed nonsensical, without being funny.  I thought about calling them "Sprinkles and Shannanogins Socks"  after the color names, but that was just too hard to say.  Then, today while I was knitting during a break in a meeting I suddenly thought of Pippi Longstocking, and I knew I was close, but these were not going to be long stockings, they will probably turn out to be ankle socks, so I had to flip the name.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Sprinkles and Shannanogins
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment