Monday, May 22, 2017

Bambara Shawl - Two Sections Done

I have been focusing exclusively on this project lately because I really want to get it done.  I love the colors and the shape and I want to finish it so I can take it to Bead & Button with me.  I always take a trunk show of the things that I have knit over the past year.  I usually end up giving a few things away to friends and family, but this shawl will not be one of them.  I've been laying it over my legs as I work, just so I can admire the colors.
The design makes me want to make something similar as a one-shouldered dress or tunic.  I've always liked bias sewing, and now I'm really liking the bias knit patterns.  I'm actually almost done with the shawl at this point - having knit on it most of the weekend.  I am on the last lace section before I start the garter stripes with the pink.

I also did some stash diving to come up with colors for another Ambah shawl - her latest release - Kimba, and in the process decided that I really need to reorganize my stash to make it easier to find things.  So I'm reorganizing it by yarn weight, and then within each weight, by yarn manufacturer and then the specific yarn.  I am almost done with the lace weight.

Pattern:  Bambara Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment