Monday, May 22, 2017

Liken II - Ladders Fixed.

I really love the colors of this shawl and I love wearing it, but I don't love the ladders that I have between my double decreases.  You can pick up an entire column of stitches in those ladders, and that is exactly what I did.  But how do I anchor them?  I had thought about adding beaded kinky fringe through the last loop, but that would require a lot work and I just wasn't up for it.  Instead I decided to use jump rings.  I got the idea from folks making stitch markers out of jump rings with beads placed on them.  So, I ordered some jump rings and on Saturday morning I sat down and fixed those ladders.
The nice thing is that if I lose one I can easily replace it, and if I change my mind and want to use different beads, or jump rings, I can change things out easily and quickly.  My kind of fix.

Pattern:  Liken Shawl by Sivia Harding, modified to be a circular cape rather than a semi-circle
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Divinity, Cherry Garcia and Chestnut
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment