Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Bambara Wrap - Cast On

A week and a half ago I dropped into Ambah O'Brien's forum and noticed that there was a knit along starting up for her latest pattern - the Bambara Wrap.  I get her emails so I knew it had been released, but I hadn't bought it yet.  As I was looking through the thread I really liked some of the color combinations that were being posted  and it occurred to me that I might have some good colors in my stash.  I had picked up some single skeins of Zen Yarn Garden recently and decided I should collect them and catalog them and see if any would work and came up with the set above.  The two outermost skeins actually came as a pair, and the two inner skeins are Magic Dye Pot skeins I picked up a while ago.  Once again it seemed to me the universe was sending me a message.  I purchased the pattern, posted my yarn choice to the thread, and caked my yarn.
The colors are, from left to right:

C1 - Pink Orchid - 101.9 g
C2 - Confetti - 101 g
C3 - Magical dye pot 21 - 100 g
C4 - Magical dye pot 19 - 99 g

I don't really need another work in progress, but I couldn't resist casting on.  I've knit a bit more since this photo was taken, but haven't gotten another photo.

Pattern:  Bambara Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment