Monday, May 29, 2017

Bambara Wrap - Finished!

I finished up this shawl on Monday - while I was home from work with a migraine - the pattern was simple enough to work even with my brain on the fritz, although blocking was a challenge.  I tried to make sure that the diagonal lines of central double decreases were straight, and that the edges were parallel.  Bruce helped me with the fine tuning.  Taking a picture of a shawl this size is a bit challenging.  I'll try to get some beauty shots at Bead & Button.

I've spent most of the past week re-arranging my yarn stash by fiber weight.  I started with the lace and light fingering, and then did the super bulky, bulky, Aran and worsted and then I tackled the fingering, which makes up the largest portion of my stash.  I've been working on the fingering all weekend and finished up this evening.  I still need to do the DK and Sport weight, but I did some sorting while I was doing the fingering weight, so they should go a little quicker.

Pattern:  Bambara Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment