Saturday, January 21, 2017

Watermelon Shrug

I've set aside my Strawberry Shortcake Shrug for a little while because it is being such a problem project.  First my central strip was too short so I had to rip back and add length to that and I'm still having trouble finding good colors for the sides, so I decided to pull out one of my sets that I knew would work without any issues at all - my Watermelon set.  I picked up a skein of the Watermelon self-striping yarn to go with it, and fortunately it does go with it, perfectly (I really don't know what went on with the Strawberry Shortcake yarn).  I spent a fair bit of last weekend working the central stripe - an easy knit I can do while reading, which I did a fair bit of last weekend - and then continued working the color stripes this week.  Although this picture only shows two of the color stripes, I'm on the fourth one now.
I really love the colors on this one, they just make me happy.  I have a feeling that this one may end up going to Carol, so I will have to make another one for me.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra by Louise Robert modified to be a shrug
Yarn:  Bis-sock by Biscotte & Cie
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) & US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment