Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tudor Roses - Margaret Beaufort

This past weekend I decided to try again on Margaret Beaufort.  I pondered the swatch that I had done and the pattern and decided to try swatching again.  I started out swatching on US 3 needles, and then decided that I would try again on US 4 needles.  Yesterday morning I ravelled my existing swatch onto my Kniddy-Knoddy, wet the yarn and left it in the sink to dry.  Yesterday evening I knit up a full swatch on US 4, directly from the Kniddy Knoddy, and got gauge!
This was a very good thing as I had found trying to adjust the pattern to the gauge that I had gotten on larger needles to be something of a challenge, to put it mildly.  Of course I'm knitting the body as one piece so last night I cast on the stitches, but reduced each of the back pieces by one stitch and the front by two stitches, to account for the fact that I don't need them for seaming.  I also charted the peplum charts as a single chart and have imported it into knitCompanion.
It doesn't look like much, yet.

Pattern:  Margaret Beaufort, by Alice Starmore from Tudor Roses (2013 edition)
Yarn:  Alice Starmore Hebridean 3 Ply (517 g in Lapwing)
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment