Saturday, May 28, 2016

Charivari Zebra - Two Stripes Done

I have been enjoying the Zen knitting of this project, the simplicity of the pattern, the long rows, and have completed two stripes on the first side.  My yarn usage is pretty much on target.  Because my central panel is longer than the pattern calls for I didn't quite make it through row 18 with the black, so I joined the dark gray and kept going.  I was able to finish the full 18 rows of the dark gray with just a little to spare - ending up with 25 grams to use on the other side.  When I was knitting the black stripe I kept careful track of my yarn usage, weighing the yarn remaining after every row, but now I only have to weigh the skein at the start and then knit blithely along.  The yarn is very nice to work with.  The ruffles are achieved by doubling the number of stitches and going up two needle sizes, then decreases back down to the original stitch count and switching back to the smaller needle.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Bis-sock by Biscotte & Cie
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) & US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment