Sunday, May 15, 2016

Tudor Roses - Margaret Beaufort - Peplum Done

It took me a little while to wrap my head around what was going on with this peplum.  I love how the gathers come about solely through the use of knit and purl stitches.  I recharted the pattern into a continuous chart so I could knit the body as one piece - my usual method.  The short row shaping is worked on the front and back simultaneously - working the left front and back, and then the right front and back.  Knitting the edging was straight forward, and because the pattern of knot and knit stitches is worked over 4 stitches, the fact that I removed 4 stitches from the overall count when I converted to work as one piece had no net effect on my execution.  I would like to point out that these are knots and not nupps.  You know my philosophy on nupps.  Knots on the other hand are created by working into the front and back of a stitch, and then passing those extra stitches over the last stitch created.  Now I have to work more short rows to bring the knitting back up to the same level again, but before I do that I need to rechart the next set of charts into a continuous chart.

Pattern:  Margaret Beaufort, by Alice Starmore from Tudor Roses (2013 edition)
Yarn:  Alice Starmore Hebridean 3 Ply (517 g in Lapwing)
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment