Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sun on my Shoulders - Upper Body Done

I am re-writing this pattern to work it from the top down.  Frankly I don't understand why you wouldn't work a pattern like this from the top down.  The translation is a bit challenging as the pattern is not well written and I'm basically trying to read it backwards, but I'm managing.  I took this picture just after I had placed the sleeve stitches on scrap yarn and cast on for the underarms.  I am now a fair bit further on, almost through my second skein.  I just wound my third and will finish off the sleeves before I continue with the body.
I did get a little confused and switched to the next size down when I was working my sleeve increases.  I'm not sure it will make a huge difference as far as the fit is concerned, but if it does I can always give this one to my sister who is a little slimmer than I am.  I have a feeling I'll be making more of this design.

Pattern:  loppem by Norah Gaughan
Yarn:  aran silky merino by Sundara in Gold in the Sky
Needle:  US 8 (5.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment