Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sun on my Shoulders - Three Skeins Done

I have knit through three of my four skeins of yarn and now I must decide if I want to keep knitting until I run out of yarn, or if I want to wrap things up by finishing out the repeat of the cable pattern, work a couple of reverse stockinette and call it good.  Right now it falls just below my hips.  If I keep going and use up my fourth skein it will probably go another 6 inches, which I think might mess up the proportions.  I think I will try finishing it up today and I'll try it on before I cut my yarn.  That way, if I don't like it I can always rip back and keep going.
Besides, the leftover yarn would make a wonderfully soft and snuggly cowl.


Pattern:  loppem by Norah Gaughan
Yarn:  aran silky merino by Sundara in Gold in the Sky
Needle:  US 8 (5.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment