Saturday, March 26, 2016

Peacock Feathers - Base Triangles Done!

After finishing both my Karamagara Shawl and Sun on my Shoulders I decided that I needed another easy project to work on when my brain is too tired to work on my current test knit.  This is a pattern Biscotte & Cie, called Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend that highlights their self-striping yarn through modular knitting.  This is not the first time I have tried modular knitting.  Some years ago I tried a Norah Gaughan coat made of hexagons, but it really did not work out for me, although I may try it again with a different yarn, and some pattern mods.  Now that I have finished the base triangles I will work back along the triangles joining them with diamonds.  I will continue doing this until I have completed the triangular shawl.  The pattern is super simple and easy to pick up and put down.  Of course, this construction technique can be used to be make other shapes, and I may have to play around with it.  I did order yarn for another shawl this morning.  This is my first time using Bis-Sock and I really like it.  It has a great feel to it.

Pattern:  Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-Sock in Peacock Feathers
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment