Friday, May 23, 2014

Wind in the Willows - Clue 2

I can finally show my shawl.  I finished this up last Sunday but couldn't post about it until today.  As I stated in my previous post, I skipped clue 1 and started with clue 2 so I would have a larger neck opening.  This meant that I had to do a long garter stitch tab - 162 rows - and picked up 81 stitches along the side and 3 stitches along the bottom. I also added extra rows between the lace motifs to avoid working lace stitches on wrong side rows.

I also worked clue 2 on my 3/4 shawl clue 1 test knit.  I realized as I was looking at the later clues that I needed to work more stitches for the 3/4 shawl version and I wanted to test out the increase row that I had worked out.
I still think the 3/4 shawl would look better if clue 1 were left out.  To do that all you do is a garter stitch tab with 146 rows, picking up 73 stitches along the side and three along the bottom.

Project:  Wind in the Willows by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  Sunglow on Selene by the Unique Sheep
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment