Thursday, May 15, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover II - One Sleeve Done

I have been working on my pullover when I haven't felt up to working on lace and I finished up one of the sleeves last night.  I'm doing top down set in sleeves.  I really like the technique, but I like any technique that cuts down on the amount of seaming that I have to do.  I also think it is a little bit of magic the way the sleeve appears.  I deliberately made the sleeve with some positive ease because I really don't like tight sleeves.  I also came up with a very slick way of picking up stitches for the sleeve evenly around the armhole.  I used an app on my iPad called Knit Evenly Calculator by JAKRO SOFT LLC.  I have been using it for evenly increasing and decreasing in patterns.  I love the way it will step you through each increase or decrease.  For picking up the stitches I used it as a decrease counter.  I knew how many rows I had knit for the armholes, and I knew how many stitches I needed to pick up in the armholes (not including the stitches of the underarm).  Wherever the app told me to k2tog I simply picked up a stitch and then skipped the next pick up spot.  It worked like a dream.  On to the second sleeve.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino in Malachite
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment