Saturday, June 16, 2012

Yarny Goodness

There was much yarny goodness waiting for me when I returned from Bead & Button, all from two of my favorite yarn sources, The Unique Sheep and Zen Yarn Garden.
This gradiance set is for the next Unique Sheep Mystery Knit Along.  The colorway is November and the yarn is Ling, a lace weight mixture of superwash merino and cultivated silk.  I have never used this yarn before, but the colors glow.  I am not sure if I will stick with the beads that were provided or substitute another color.  It depends upon where the beads are placed.
This is the final shipment of the first round of the Stop and Smell the Roses club and I am delighted that it is a purple gradiance.  The yarn is Pima Petite, a cotton yarn, and another one that I have not used before.  The colorway is Purple Perfection.  Perfection indeed.
This yarn is for the Zen Butterfly Knits mystery knit along.  Two skeins of Serenity 20 (70/20/10 Superwash merion/cashmere/nylon) in Moon Purple and one skein of Serenity 20 in Bumble Bee.  This is the first collaboration between Zen Yarn Garden and Butterfly Knits and I am looking forward to this one.  The shawl was inspired by the classic science fiction novel The Day of the Triffids.
The latest selection in the Art Walk Sock Yarn Club, Butterflies, based upon Salvidor Dali's painting Landscape with Butterflies.  The yarn is Squooshy (80/20 superwash merino/nylon).  I may have to pick up an extra skein of this color, if they are available.
When I ordered my yarn for the mystery knit along I also ordered another skein of the April Art Walk Sock Yarn Club shipment, Love, based upon the Andy Warhol painting of the same name.  The yarn is also Squooshy.
And an extra skein of the May Art Walk Sock Yarn Club shipment, also in Squooshy.  The color is Petunias, based upon the painting of the same name by Georgia O'Keeffe.  I will probably make vests out of both of these colors.
And somehow this one of a kind color jumped into my shopping cart.  It doesn't have a name, only a number (201).  The yarn is also Squooshy.

No comments:

Post a Comment