Friday, March 25, 2011

Morning Glory Pullover

I have been enjoying some mindless knitting this week.  I originally started this pullover as a top-down, but didn't get very far before I changed my mind and decided to knit it bottom up.  I started on the body last week.  I got a lot done on Sunday.  We went to Charlottesville to watch our daughter dance and I knit in the car on the way there, and during the performance, and most of the way home.  There was another Mom across the aisle from me who told me that she wished she could knit.  I told her it wasn't that hard.  I don't know why people defeat themselves without even trying.

This has been a very enjoyable knit, for a somewhat crazy week.  The yarn is wonderful, 70% Extrafine Merino, 15% Silk, 15% Cashmere.  A real joy to knit with, and fondle.  I love the colors, the way they are striping, and pooling just at the top of the sleeves.  I really like the cuffs with the purple and green chevrons in the ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment