Saturday, March 19, 2011

Galaxy Crochet Block

I finally finished one of the February Blocks from the Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club.  I actually started this block back in February but the center motif was pretty challenging for me so it took me a little while to get it right.  The double crochet for the rest of the block was pretty easy, and I finally have figured out how to join the rounds.  I have been pretty much just figuring this stuff out on my own by looking at the instructions and pictures of the finished block.  I have crochet books, but the only one that I have been consulting with any regularity is the Crocheter's Companion by Nancy Brown, and I am using that primarily as a stitch guide.

The yarn for this block is Pashmi, 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% nylon.  It is very nice yarn, but I found it had a tendency to split when I was crocheting, so my tension on this block is a little looser than on my January block.  Fortunately I have no intention of trying to use them in the same finished piece as they have different fiber contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment