Monday, January 17, 2011

Crochet!

So one of my resolutions for the New Year was to really learn to crochet (I love resolutions that involve learning a new craft).  To that end I joined two Crochet Alongs - The Unique Sheep Block of the Month Club and The Unique Sheep Corelli Crochet Scarf.  This is the January 2011 block for the block of the month club.  I have done a little crochet.  I've made a couple of bead crochet necklaces, but that only involves slip stitches, and I did manage to crochet the yoke of a top that I knitted, but I have another knitting top that is languishing in my unfinished objects pile because I couldn't figure out the crochet instructions for the top portion.  My first effort at this block was a bit too tight.  So I started over again with the same size hook from a different manufacturer and focused on being more relaxed.  I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed crocheting and have started ogling all the cool animals...

The yarn is Luxe 25% Tussah Silk, 75% Merino a fingering weight yarn from The Unique Sheep in Cornflower and Pewter.  I still need to make the other block with the colors reversed.

And here is a better picture of the Limestone One Skein Shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment