Thursday, July 4, 2024

Wallflowers - Large 3D Flowers Done & Incorporated!

I worked the large 3D flowers very much in a production mode, working each color for all six flowers in turn until I got to the point where I needed to start incorporating them.

I did make a couple of stupid mistakes when I was working these, mostly by not paying attention to the instructions.  On round 13 I did not work through the back loop on the first three flowers, only realizing it when I picked it up again after a break to start on the fourth, so that required me to undo some work, which was not so easy as I had darned in my ends (I had gotten cocky again).  But I was able to unpick the end, and when I worked them through the back loop it took less yarn, so that was good.  I also tripped myself up on UK versus US crochet terms when I was working round 16, even though I knew better, and didn’t realize until I was working on integrating the third flower, so I had to undo the first two and redo them.  Thankfully I had not darned in those ends.  Before I started round 16 I put in locking stitch markers at the beginning and end of each of the petals so that I wouldn’t get off track.  It worked very well, except for those two flowers I had to redo.  Fortunately I did not have to rip back the entire round 16, just most of it, so I had a starting point and just had to be careful with my counting.  I am enjoying this project a lot though, and it is actually making me a pretty monogamous crafter, even though I have other projects that I really need to work on (including one with a deadline that is approaching).

Project:  Wallflowers by Sue Maton
Yarn:  Rowan Felted Tweek DK
Hook:  3.75 mm (F)

No comments:

Post a Comment