Saturday, July 13, 2024

Wallflowers - Filling the Void!

Once I had integrated in the large 3D flowers I started working on filling the void.  Instead of making all of the pieces and then integrating them, I worked in stages, integrating as I went.  I still did each flower in a production mode, working each color on each flower before moving on to the next color, and then integrating them in.
First up were the popcorns. 
I did start out making the darkest ones for the center, but then switched my approach and focused on the ones with the leaf colors that were the first to be integrated. 
Next up were the four pebbles.  It was fun seeing the void getting filled in.
Then the puffs.
The last two puffs, and the final popcorns.  When I got to this point I almost ripped back and switched my B3 and B4.
This photo has B2, with B3 and B4 swapped, and B5.  But I decided I preferred the Rage next to the Pink Bliss, so I left it as is.  All my ends are woven in, and I’m working on more Pebbles for placing the Large Flowers.  I am back into production mode, working all 30 of round 1 and all 30 of round 2 before I started on the Pebble stitch for Round 3.  I have also split the in-progress flowers into two groups, for the two different leaf colors for the Pebble round.

Pattern:  Wallflowers by Sue Maton
Yarn:  Rowan Felted Tweed DK
Hook:  3.75 mm (F)



No comments:

Post a Comment