Saturday, June 8, 2024

Wallflowers - Garlands Started!

When I finished half of the third colorway of popcorns I went ahead and started assembling a garland with my original background color choices (the bottom garland).  But as you can see, I got part way through and decided that I really didn’t like the background colors, they were just too blah.  So I pulled out my color cards and looked for some colors to jazz things up.  I knew that of the three neutrals I was using I wanted to keep the Mineral and get rid of the Cumin and Camel, so I needed two new colors to replace them.  I decided to go with Rage and Pink Bliss, putting them as my B2 and B3 respectively and shifting the other colors down.  This gives my Iolite in place of Camel and Candy Floss in place of Cumin.  I definitely like the garland better.

Here are my original color choices:

And here are my new color choices:
I ordered more yarn and also got replacement balls to make up for the yarn that I’ve already used.  I did not cannibalize the original garland, and had to make more popcorns to replace the ones that I had used, plus finish the 46 I needed in the third colorway.  All the popcorns are finished, but I did find one that only had 11 popcorns when I was assembling the garland, so I will need to make another one to replace it.

Pattern:  Wallflowers by Sue Maton
Yarn:  Rowan Felted Tweed
Hook:  3.75 mm (F)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment