Saturday, January 7, 2023

Northern Crown - Days 1-7

With the new month I decided to cast on another of Anna Dalvi’s Advent KALendar shawls, and work a clue each day.  This one is from 2020 (there doesn’t seem to be one from 2021) and is called Norther Crown.  I picked two Zen Yarn Garden skeins from my stash - French Vanilla and Clay Sand in Superfine Glitter.  They came as a pair.  I really like the colors.  There is an option to extend the shawl at the end, but I might do a knit on border, depending upon how much yarn I have left over.  This is the first picture I have gotten in natural light, the rest of the pictures I took on the daybed after working the clue in the evening.  I am still not using the recommended needle size, which is a US 7 (4.5 mm).  I did swatch with a US 7 (having one handy as I had cast off the Fan Shawl), but I decided to go down one size to a US 6 (4.0 mm).

Working backwards:  Day 6
Day 5
Day 4
Day 3
Day 2
Day 1

Given that I have the entire pattern it is certainly tempting to just keep knitting and ignore the daily clue breakouts, but I am trying to be disciplined and work on some other projects instead.

Pattern:  Northern Crown by Anna Dalvi
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Glitter
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)







No comments:

Post a Comment