Monday, January 2, 2023

Fan Shawl - Finished!

My last finished object of 2022.  I cast off on Sunday and blocked on Monday.  Blocking was a little trickier than I thought it would be.
I started out pinning the circle for the neck edge, then I started pinning out the spokes.  I did tweak the spokes after taking the picture, but had trouble getting another in focus picture, so gave up and went with this one.
I like the size of mine.  I did add repeats and increases and used up almost all of the yarn.  The back comes down to a nice depth, and the front hangs to the elbow, which works quite well.  I have two more of these kits to knit up, so I will cast one on tonight to tuck into my work bag for knitting during meetings or while reviewing documents.

Pattern:  Fan Shawl
Yarn:  Hand Painted Knitting Yarns Fingering Weight Superwash Fine Merino
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)




No comments:

Post a Comment