Sunday, January 15, 2023

Curvy Sleepy Dragon - Loop On!

There are two young girls that Bruce and I encounter on our walks.  One lives at the top of a cul-de-sac, and one lives at the bottom.  Both seem to have taken a shine to me.  The one at the top is named Alexis, and she likes to show me her cartwheels, and any interesting bugs she has found.  The one at the bottom is named Genevieve, but we call her the Warrior Princess for her fierce spirit.  Both girls are home schooled.  This past Christmas Alexis left a present at our front door, an unexpected pleasure, so I decided that I wanted to do something for her.  I have been enchanted with the Crafty Intentions crochet patterns of Megan Lapp for a while now, and although I have several in my Ravelry library, I had not tried making any until now.  When I went to thank Alexis (and her mom) for the thoughtful gift I showed Alexis a picture of the Curvy Sleepy Dragon and told her that I wanted to make one for her and asked what color she would like it.  She instantly said “pink”.  I was not too surprised, I had sort of pegged her as a pink girl.  I have yellow for the spines.  It took me quite a while to figure out connecting the jaw to the nose, but once I figured that out, and the slip stitch chain one join (thanks to a couple of her videos), it has been pretty straightforward, and very addicting.  I am definitely going to have to make more, and I imagine that the Warrior Princess will want one of her own once she sees it.

Pattern:  Curvy Sleepy Dragon by Megan Lapp
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash.
Hook:  4.0 mm (G)

No comments:

Post a Comment