Saturday, January 7, 2023

Holly Sweater - Cast On!

I finally cast on my Holly Sweater this past week.  This is the 2022 Advent kit from Onling, a Danish yarn company.  I bought the kit because they had pictures of all the different colorways with swatches knitted up so you could see how they all played together.  It also looks to be a pretty straightforward colorwork sweater, which I thought would be good first Fair Isle project for me.  The yarn is the same yarn that is used in the Hanne Falkenberg kits (I have several of those and have knitted one).  The design is by Ruth Sorensen.

Here are my colors.  I have worked the collar up to the increases.  The pattern gives a great process for determining where to make the increase stitches to distribute them evenly, which I will try out, but I also have my Knit Evenly app on my iPad, which I will also consult for comparison.  I had forgotten how much fun colorwork is, especially when using the right yarn.

Pattern:  Holly Sweater by Ruth Sorensen
Yarn:  Shetland Wool
Needles:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm) and US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment