Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Winter Wonderland MKAL - Clue 1 Done

I am a bit of a sucker for Mystery Knit Alongs, especially when Miss Babs dyes up such beautiful sets for them.  I have more than a few in my stash, just waiting to be knit up.  This one I am almost doing on time.  I think clue 4 will be dropping soon.  The color way is Dark Canis Major, and the gray is Quicksilver.  There were so many lovely colorway options it can be very hard to choose.  I try not to overthink it and just go with something that makes me happy.
It did take me a couple of tries to get this one going, mostly because I forgot a very important detail that I had read when looking over the pattern about slipping the first stitch of each row.  I remembered it when I introduced the first color, so I ripped back and started over.  My next challenge arose with the first chart.  I didn’t really care for how the repeat was marked as the spacing between the first three repeats of the pattern and the last repeat of the pattern were not the same (11 stitches, and then 10 stitches), which made the placement of the next set of motifs not line up symmetrically with the first set, which just bugs me.  So  I decided to shift the start of the first motif over one stitch, which allowed me to have 11 stitches between each of the repeats without putting the last repeat right up agains the center stitch.  It also meant that I could have the second set of repeats placed symmetrically in relation to the first set - the first pattern row being 9 stitches.  It also meant that I did not work the partial trees on the second set, but that is fine by me.

Pattern:  Winter Wonderland MKAL by Kay Hopkins
Yarn:  Miss Babs Yummy 2-Plu
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm), US 3 (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment