Saturday, August 27, 2022

Rumo Take 2 - Body Done!

The second time around things definitely went faster, but I still managed to get distracted and make mistakes that caused me to rip back.  I am much happier with the fit, however, knitting a larger size means that I’m going to have to get creative with my yarn usage.  I have 4 skeins of the dark color, and 2 skeins of the light.  They were dyed to go together, so there is no issue there.  I had already planned to work the lapel in the light color, but I also know that I will not have enough of the dark color to work the sleeves.  My preferred method of working sleeves is top-down set-in, and if this jacket was being knit up in stockinette stitch I would have no issues whatsoever.  This jacket, however, is worked in garter stitch, including the sleeves, so figuring out how to work garter stitch sleeves top-down and set-in is going to take some pondering and some trial and error.

Pattern:  Rumo by Alice Caetano 
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Cressida
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment