Friday, August 19, 2022

Rumo Take 2 - Back Done

After finishing up the body and most of one sleeve I decided that I really needed to go up a size, or two.  The body fit, but the sleeve was super tight.  In the end I went up two sizes.  The right back went smoothly, but I think I must have gotten over-confident on the left back, or maybe I just wasn’t paying attention, as I made several mistakes that caused me to rip back.  I did come up with a good technique for working the three needle bind off to join the right and left backs together.  I used a crochet hook, inserted into the stitch on the front needle knitwise and on the back needle purlwise, pulling both loops off onto the crochet hook, then wrapped the yarn and pulled it through both loops.  Once I had worked the first stitch I pulled the yarn through all three loops on the hook.  It worked well and made it easy to keep the working yarn between the two needles.

Pattern:  Rumo by Alice Caetano
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Cressida
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment