Sunday, July 17, 2022

Rumo - Body Done!

I finished up the body back on July 10.  Well mostly.  I have not done the lapel yet.  I am saving that until I finish the sleeves, in case I need to do the lapel in the coordinating colorway.

Knitting the body was really pretty addicting.  I like this construction technique.  I have started on the sleeves.  I would have liked to have worked them top down, but with garter stitch that is not as straightforward as it is with stockinette, and I ended up not wanting to mess with it.  So I am working them as written.  I will likely modify how I attach the sleeves to the body.  I am thinking of picking up stitches on the armhole opening and the sleeve cap and then joining them with a three needle bind off.  I almost did that when I joined the shoulders together, but instead I ended up sewing them together so that the edges butted up against each other, so there is no seam, per se.  If the three needle bind off method doesn’t work, then I will likely do the same thing on the sleeves.

Pattern:  Rumo by Alice Caetano
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Cressida
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment