Saturday, July 2, 2022

Rumo - Cast On!

Having frogged five WIPs I felt comfortable casting on something new.  I have wanted to make this pattern for a while now, and having finished a garment after a long spell of not making garments (other than simple top down vests) I was motivated to cast on another.  The yarn is SpaceCadet Cressida, a 100% Merino Worsted weight yarn.  It has a slightly rustic feel and knits up into a nice firm fabric.  The colorway is Sound, from The Space Monster Club.  I may not have enough of this color, but I do have two skeins of the complimentary color, Safe, that I can use if I need to.  The pattern is Rumo by Alice Caetano - it is a jacket that is knit in garter stitch vertically.  The design is a little reminiscent of some of Hanne Falkenberg’s designs - I have several of her kits and really need to knit those up as well.  I really like the construction and the resulting jacket is very elegant.

Pattern:  Rumo by Alice Caetano
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Cressida in Sound
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment