Saturday, February 12, 2022

Not-so Neon January 2022 Knitalong - Finished!

I finished this up this past Wednesday and blocked it Thursday.  The pattern as written ends about two-thirds of the way down the back, ending just below the red and blue top leaf, but I extended it out by first working the color-changing slip stitch section from the Rectangular version of the pattern.  Then I worked leaf 1 with my solid color and just kept repeating leaves 2-5 until I didn’t have enough of my Rainbow Mountain (the multi-colored skein) to work another ridge.  At that point I switched to my leftovers from my Rectangular version working a long top leaf in color 329 and finishing it with a slip stitch section using my leftover Carmel by the sea and binding off with an I-cord, but only using one color, the 329.

This gives you a sense of the size, but not the colors.  Here is the blocking picture.
It is just hard to get a good photo of the whole thing.  When I blocked it I did stretch it out a fair bit, which completely changed the fabric from the Rectangular version, it feels lighter and floaty, so I think I will go back and re-block the Rectangular one and make it bigger.

Pattern:  Neon January 2022 Knitalong by Iris Schreier
Yarn:  Art Yarns Merino Cloud
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment