Sunday, February 27, 2022

Midnight Rose - Cast On!

This is the Knit Love Shawl by Ambah O’Brien, her latest knit along.  I really struggled with selecting the yarns and colors for this one.  I loved the colors of her samples, but wanted to work from my stash.

My first thought was to use a set I had gotten from Sunshine Yarns.
But I was worried that the color changes would not be smooth enough.

Next I looked at two of my Unique Sheep Advent Calendars, wondering if I could take a portion of one of them and pair it with a solid skein.  I came up with two options.

But neither one really felt right to me.  So I sat down with my iPad and went through the fingering weight yarns in my stash.  I came up with a couple of options, but in the end went with two skeins from deep stash that did not have a project identified in the notes.  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Sock 20 in Midnight Rose.  I then had to find a good contrast skein for the mosaic.  I have identified two options, and haven’t decided which one I will go with yet.  Both are fairly recent stash acquisitions, and both are Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere - Gold Experience and Hope.

For the cast on I went with long tail, pulling out a very long tail (almost not long enough, I had a couple of inches left).  I placed the markers identified in the set up row as I cast on, so I wouldn’t have to count all of those stitches.

Pattern:  Knit Love Shawl by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 and Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment