Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Joy to the World - Body Done!

When last we met on this project I had finished both triangles and had 84.7 grams total of the mini skeins left.  I also had 88.9 grams of the teal.  I weighed one of the triangles and determined that it took 91 grams total.  So I knew that I did not have enough yarn to make two more triangles, but I had plenty to make one.  So I started a third triangle using the mini skeins, working them in reverse order, starting with 10.  I switched skeins only at the beginning of a right side row to keep things looking neat.  Then when I ran out of the mini skeins I finished off the triangle with the teal and then joined them using a three-needle bind off.  Now I need to do the finishing work, which will all be done in the teal.  I’m thinking of working an I-cord edge along the top, just to create a neat edge, and then working a knit on lace edge on the rest of the edges.

Pattern:  Joy to the World by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Biscotte Yarns Bis-Sock & The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment